As a parent, you want the best environment possible for your child. You expect academic excellence in an environment where personal character can be fostered and developed.
From Preschool to 5th Grade, we utilize technology, creativity and innovation to help children excel academically at our private school in Missouri City, Texas.
Our small, focused classrooms and Christian worldview allow us to influence and encourage your child’s character, each and every day.
The student body is richly diverse. The students at Southminster come from all over Fort Bend County and from all over the world.
Southminster has been effective for over 25 years. Our mission is to grow the whole child: mind, spirit and body, and we believe that your child deserves our very best.
Ready to learn more? Contact us today!
Conveniently located in a beautiful Missouri City neighborhood, Southminster School teaches children in a diverse, loving, and nurturing environment. Our low student/teacher ratio, exceptional and experienced teaching staff, and multi-sensory activities promote a challenging curriculum exemplifying excellence and Christian values. We maintain the highest quality education while promoting individual learning styles. The skills and attitudes fostered here develop educated thinkers with respect for others and strong leaders willing to make a difference in the world.
- State-certified teachers in Pre-K through Fifth Grade
- 14:1 Maximum student-to-teacher ratio
- Challenging, research-based curriculum
- Academic and Social-Emotional Learning
- Bi-weekly chapel service and daily Bible curriculum
- Smart Boards in all Elementary classrooms
- 1:1 technology ratio in Third through Fifth Grade
- Varied after school activities
- No “high-stakes” testing- annual assessments focus is on growth
- Diverse student population
- Parent engagement welcome and encouraged
- Honor and implement Section 504 plans
- Accredited by AdvancEd and member in good standing of Association of Christian Schools International.
- Licensed by Texas Health and Human Services
- Family feel, staff knows children and families by name
- Smaller class sizes with a lower student-to-teacher ratio, allowing your child to receive the individual attention he or she deserves
- Daily chapel services with Christian values incorporated into our mission and teaching philosophy
- Parent involvement encouraged and welcomed
- Daily Music and Movement classes